A few gems from my first few years back in the workplace:
- People are more likely to question your leadership/authority/knowledge if you do. Fake it till you make it baby.
- When they say “dress for the job you want, not the job you have” they fail to mention that the job you want probably gets paid more (and those blazers are expensive).
- You can be a doer and a thinker (but be sure to get something done).
- It’s always easier to have a strategy discussion if you have a draft of recommendations to work from…
- It’s easier to do anything if you have something to work from, so the first step is to do something (brain storm, make a draft, a grid, something, nothing fancy).
One thought on “Lessons from a Recent Grown-Up”
Good Gems, RSS!